“Well-being, together | Waiora, tahi”
Travis Medical Centre is a general practice contracted to Pegasus Health Primary Health Organisation, which provides funding, subsidised care and special programs for enrolled patients. The aim of their efforts is to benefit and meet the heath care needs of the local community. The doctors at Travis Medical Centre are members of Pegasus Health.
The benefits of enrolling with a PHO practice are as follows:
Reduced prescription charges
You will be eligible for reduced family doctor fees including ACC visits
Funded childhood immunisations
For eligible patients there may be opportunities to access funded health programmes.
Entry into all the screening programs associated with women’s health
Continuity of care within the practice, which means we are better able to meet your health needs in a safe and timely manner
Click on this link for additional information on enrolment for publicly funded health services and the Health Information Privacy Statement:
Enrolling with General Practice Guide 2017
How to enrol:
You can register your request to enrol at Travis Medical Centre, please ring the practice and we will add you to our Expression of Interest register. The register is checked weekly and when we have availability you will be contacted and our registration process explained to you. We are currently enrolling new patients on a limited basis.
For new patients registering into the practice there are a number of processes to be completed including:-
Completion of an enrolment form, this must be accompanied by a form of photographic ID (for example a passport (current or expired) or drivers licence) – this is a MOH requirement).
Sign and return our Terms of Operation.
To access our patient portal, ConnectMed, completion of the portal registration form.
All new patients to the practice need to be seen by one of our nursing team before being seen by their enrolled GP; this is a 30 minute consultation ($30.00).
All patients over the age of 16 will be enrolled as their own account holder unless we are advised otherwise.
As a responsible general practice, we manage our enrolment numbers very carefully; this means there may be a delay in your enrolment being accepted. If your healthcare needs are urgent you may need to look at other general practices for immediate enrolment.
If you are already enrolled with us you may update your enrolment details here : Updating your Enrolment
Our Terms of Operation
As with all businesses there are terms of trade please be aware of our terms of operation-
Fees – :
- Payment is required at the time of the consultation or service.
- We are able to take credit card payments over the telephone; please be aware we do not store credit card numbers and the transaction is completed while you are on the phone with a receipt posted to you.
- Unpaid fees / accounts are either text or mailed out the week following service.
- Payment is due 7 days from the date of receipt of notice.
- Any accounts that are unpaid at the end of the month will incur a $5.00 account fee.
- Non-payment of accounts may result in the account being placed on hold, this will mean any consultations or services (including prescriptions) having to be paid on the day.
- If an account remains unpaid and no communication is made with the practice to discuss the debt, your account may be lodged with our Debt Collection Agency, incurring additional costs associated with the debt recovery. At this time patients this may be asked to enrol elsewhere.
- A fee of $20 will be charged if an appointment (both adult and child) is missed without notification; this includes telephone consultations.
- A DNA for a home visit will incur a charge of $50.
We use ConnectMed as our patient portal and recommend all our patients sign up to this service.
Access to the portal includes ordering repeat prescriptions, test results and booking appointments.
- For new patients enrolling at Travis Medical Centre, we require 5 working days after receiving your enrolment before being able to be seen. This allows for any medical information to be transferred across.
- All new patients (over 18) will be required to see our nurse prior to being able to make appointments with their GP. This will be a 30 minute consultation ($30).
- Our website is our primary means of communication and we encourage our patients to visit the website regularly for updates and information.
- As part of our practice values we care and respect for our patients and staff alike. To honour this we have a zero tolerance to any disrespectful behaviours to our staff. Patients who dishonour this may be asked to enrol elsewhere.